We arrived at the Quarry pods today. The pods were situated in a small quarry, with trees lining the edges. It was quiet and peaceful and after exploring we found a fire pit in the small woodland. Each pod had its own bathroom (which I have to say was way nicer than our own at home!!) and so we unpacked and were able to leave stuff in them. It wasn’t that late when we arrived but it began to rain so we decided to go bowling at the Venue on the outskirts of Bude. We then went to the Bank, which is situated on the banks of the canal, and had a delicious meal of tapas. We then headed back to the pods.


Today we went to the Big Sheep which is an amusement farm park near Bideford. It was a great day and we went on the twister and the rampage rollercoaster. We also went on the tractor safari and my little sister went on a pony ride.
We then watched the sheep racing and the sheepdog trialling as well as the duck trials.
We had lunch in the Barn Café and went to the sheepy shop.
After a long and tiring day we headed back to the pods and as it had brightened up we had a fire and toasted marshmallows.


We went to Westward Ho! today. Westward Ho! is a seaside town near Bideford. We went to the beach and got an ice cream from the ice cream van near the arcade. Mum and dad let me play on some of the machines and we then went to Pebble Ridge to play adventure golf and also went go-karting. We had lunch at the Café Italia Pizzeria and then headed back to the pods.
That evening, as it was nice, we decided to have a BBQ. We went to the local shop and bought some sausages and hot dog rolls and then sat down to enjoy them in the tranquil setting.


It was looking to be a lovely day today so we decided to head to New Mills Farm Park near Launceston. First, we stopped off at the Launceston steam railway as you can catch a train to New Mills. The tickets were valid all day so we were able to travel back as well with no extra charge. We had a quick look round the museum there and bought a few things from the gift shop and then we were off to the farm park, travelling in style.
When we arrived it was nearly lunch time and we had brought a picnic so we sat down to eat it around a picnic table. Me and my sister had a race on the go-karts and on the many other toys that were provided. We went down the slides and scrambled up the climbing frame. We played on the playground and made sandcastles. We also played matches of badminton and cricket against mum and dad (which was very unfair) and also tried croquet.
When we got back to the cottage we had a tour round the farm which we had previously organised. We were able to see the donkeys and the highland cows as well as the conservation meadows at the bottom of the farm.
After a long day we climbed into our sleeping bags and all slept like logs.


Today we went to Combe Martin wildlife and dinosaur park. We walked around the 28 acre site and visited many of the animals. The baboons were hilarious and we were able to watch the sea lion display. They showed us loads of tricks and we also watched the penguins. We also saw lions, wolves, raccoons, wallabies and the very weird looking capybara.
We also went on the dino express train ride which was great fun.
Whilst there we found out that Combe Martin are contributing to the reintroduction of Amur leopards which are the rarest big cat on earth, by creating a habitat that the leopards could breed in and therefore start a breeding program.
We had a lunch of jacket potatoes and sandwiches at the Jungle Hunt café, which was very nice.
After a long day we headed back to the pods to enjoy a delightful tea of toast cooked over the fire.


We went down to Bude today and played crazy golf.
We also went to the beach and me and my sister made sandcastles and swam in the sea pool.
We had lunch at Rosie’s kitchen. For desert I had a massive banana split which was delicious. We then walked up into the town and looked round some of the shops.
After walking up into town we headed back to the pods. It wasn’t that late so we decided to go on a short walk along the canal.


Today we went for a bike ride along the Tarka trail. We started at Puffing Billy station near Torrington and finished in Bideford. We hired some bikes at Torrington then set off on our journey. It was very tiring but we made it. We then walked up into Bideford town and caught the bus as we were all tired (especially me!).
We had a quick look round Torrington as it was so close and then made our way back to the pods.


We are leaving today. It has been a great week away. The pods were amazing. They were comfortable, cosy and make you feel like you’re actually camping without having to sleep under canvas (which is a saviour in itself!) There has been loads to do and places to visit. The food has been great and we have been doing things non-stop. I will be very sad to leave!